Friday, February 15, 2013

Social Justice Challenge

Social Justice Theme

For the Social Justice Challenge I was able to read four books – To Kill a Mockingbird, In Cold Blood, Malcolm X, and The Jungle.

I cannot say I had a favorite read. All the books were beyond good and each has led me in a different direction of understanding and continued reading.

I have found I have fallen in love with Southern and Southern Gothic literature. From this genre I have also read, Other Voices, Other Rooms, and Salvage the Bones. To Kill a Mockingbird, has become my favorite novel and In Cold Blood I have discovered an author with a new form of writing. The most informative book was Malcolm X with its history of black immigration from the south to the north, and the jungle was the saddest novel I have yet to read which really showed a need for some sort of social change.

It has been an incredible journey and an excellent start to the New Year.

Thanks to Rachel for hosting this wonderful challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is much appreciated for those who visit this secret place. Thankyou for taking the extra moment to add a comment. Have a lovely, secret day!