Thursday, February 21, 2013

Monthly MeMe

Vintage Pen

On my list of classical reading I was most surprised by, Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote. At the beginning of making the list I thought I might not like the author’s writing. I first read, In Cold Blood and found myself drawn to the author and his works. I actually have found a new genre, Southern and southern gothic literature. The characters are most likable and I enjoy the descriptions of the scenery.

I resided in the south for a number of years and have since returned to my roots here in New York. I never read books concerning the south while I was there – at that time it was especially, Jane Austen and 19th century literature.

I have found a welcome change and am reminded of a place I have loved and miss very much.

♥ The Classics Club

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is much appreciated for those who visit this secret place. Thankyou for taking the extra moment to add a comment. Have a lovely, secret day!