Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Classics Check ♥ In

group-check-ins1I like the look and sound of those words, A Classics Check ♥ In.


Last July, I joined The Classics Club which sadly was not the beginning of of the club so my Goodreads gauge always states I am behind. Perhaps one of these days I will catch up.

I have read five books on my list of fifty-two. If I read ten per year I will reach my goal in five years. I also have a revisions list because I have read seven classics that are not on my list.


Through the group and visiting the various blogs of other dedicated readers I have joined various challenges and events. My reading has expanded as I have been introduced to new authors and also have found new genres I would not have read before. I find I am enjoying myself immensely and have my reading to look forward to each new day.

I have new routines and/or reading practices that I feel have improved my skills as a reader. I now take notes, nothing fancy or time consuming – just a clip-board and lined notebook paper with a dollar pen. I have taken the time to work with my kindle and find I use it more and more. I don’t watch television, except for Sunday evenings. I read at least five nights each week between seven and eleven o’clock. And, last but not least I read one book at a time. For several years I would have two or three going at one time. I found I wasn’t completing many books. I read on someone's blog it would be better to read one book, complete it and move on to the next. It does improve things rather quickly, although, at times I am tempted to start another book.
This past week I noticed an improvement in the note taking process as I seem to be delving deeper into the author’s writing. I am hoping it will one day reflect on my blog posts, also.

All these changes and better habits as they might be called have came about since I joined The Classics Club which I am truly grateful for.

♥♥♥ I had started with a blog at Wordpress and moved to Blogger as I find it easier for me to work with. I was not able to post this as Wordpress does not allow this without payment. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is much appreciated for those who visit this secret place. Thankyou for taking the extra moment to add a comment. Have a lovely, secret day!