Tuesday, January 15, 2013

TRB Challenge–Check In

2013tbrpilechall

For the TRB Challenge, hosted by Roof Beam Reader, I had listed fourteen (14) books – two (2) being incase I don’t like one of the reads.

I have completed three (3) books for the challenge and have reviewed two (2). I would like to mention I read, In Cold Blood – Truman Capote before the New Year and some of books on the list coincide with my Classics Challenge list.

My list consists of books I have not read before and I am looking forward with a bit of apprehension to reading the Ann Radcliff novels. I have thoroughly enjoyed the three (3) I have read and choosing a favorite is rather difficult. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee is now my favorite novel and I have just finished, The Shadow of the Sun – A.S. Byatt – I hung on her every word and find the author down reaching and of great depth, yet so concise and clear. Also, the introduction written by the author, proved to be interesting.

Ruth – Elizabeth Gaskell
Lady Audley’s Secret – Mary E. Bradden
The Absentee – Maria Edgeworth
Far From The Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
The Italian – Ann Radcliffe
The Mysteries of Udolpho – Ann Radcliffe
The Monk – Ann Radcliffe
The Children’s Book – A.S. Byatt
The Shadow of the Sun – A.S. Byatt
The Biographer’s Tale – A.S. Byatt
The Glass Harp – Truman Capote
In Cold Blood – Truman Capote  - finished in December 2012
Other Voices, Other Rooms – Truman Capote
To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee

3 comments:

  1. Great job! A.S. Byatte is an incredible writer - one of modern day's most literary & brilliant, in my opinion. Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy was one of my favorites of 2012 - hope you get to that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a really interesting list! Great job at getting three down already! I've only read one so far, but I plan to start the next one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list! Have fun with this challenge, I certainly am!

    ReplyDelete

It is much appreciated for those who visit this secret place. Thankyou for taking the extra moment to add a comment. Have a lovely, secret day!