Saturday, January 5, 2013

… Readathon

classics-club-readathon-january-2013

Today is the first Readathon hosted by The Classics Club.

1- Name and Blog:
Patricia @ Reading During Intermission
2- Snacks and Beverages of Choice:
Coffee, lots of water and hot tea for the remainder of the evening
Breakfast - grits, bacon and toast
Lunch - a cup of fruit and a croissant
Dinner - Spaghetti and Meatballs
3 - Where are you reading from today?
The couch wrapped in a fleece blanket with my tiny dog, Paco
4 & 5 - What are your goals for the Readathon? What books are you planning on reading?
I am currently reading, To Kill a Mockingbird by, Harper Lee, which I just started today.
6 - Are you excited?
Yes, It is grand to plan and sit for an entire day and do nothing but read.


My eyes are sore from steady reading throughout the day. The day has been good and very quiet. I finished the wash, folded the clothes and all is put away, during some short brakes – I walked the tiny dog – the cold fresh air made it possible to return to reading with a clear head.

I couldn’t have chosen a better book to spend the day with. Although I didn’t complete the novel and find I need some sleep I managed to take myself to Part 2 of To Kill a Mockingbird. I highly recommend a day set aside for reading and hope to take part in another Readathon one day soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books -- you made an excellent choice! I'm glad you enjoyed the readathon -- I did, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a lovely day, wasn't it? Nothing nicer than to devote a day to reading even though that day, inevitably gets filled with other distractions, the idea of reading is just there in the background the whole time - delicious!
    To Kill a Mockingbird is also one of my all time top 5 books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice for a readathon, To Kill A Mockingbird has been my most favorite book of all time.

    ReplyDelete

It is much appreciated for those who visit this secret place. Thankyou for taking the extra moment to add a comment. Have a lovely, secret day!